Creating a Template is simple with the Email Editor. Best of all, you can reuse or customise Templates for future campaigns, saving time and easily maintaining brand identity and feel!
In this article
Create a New Template
1. Head over to the Email tool. You can do so from the shortcut on the calendar page or from your Tools page.
2. Click on the Templates tab.
3. Click Create New Template.
4. The conversation wizard will open.
5. Follow all the steps to create and design your Template.
This is the very first step of the Conversation Wizard. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Let's get started!
1. Enter a working name for your Template. This name is only for internal purposes.
2. Click Next.
1. Choose a Template. Default or user-generated, a Template will determine the initial structure of your Email.
You will have the opportunity to choose between Pre-defined Templates, Your Templates and Themed.
Our blank Template includes four empty Rows, with one Column each, but you may also choose a pre-defined Template that has a different structure. Each pre-defined Template contains a preview and a description in this step.
You may adjust all pre-defined Templates once you're in the editor, so feel free to choose a Template that is closest to what you have in mind.
You can go back to this step later if you change your mind, but note that your changes will be lost unless you saved the email as a Template before.
Creating a Template allows you to maintain consistency in your sendings and save valuable time spent in the editor.
Need a hand?
Click on the Get inspired icon to take a look at our Email Design Gallery! You can also click the Request icon to send a message to our Creative Services professionals and order a stunning Template that fits your needs.
2. The Email Editor will open. Time to build your Template on the Design step!
After choosing a Template, you will enter the Email Editor.
Certain browser extensions may interfere with the Email Editor. In that case, disable your browser extensions and refresh the page.
1. Create your Template by interacting with the Email Editor: drag and drop elements and assets from the Design Panel into the canvas.
The Email Editor in a nutshell:
The centre of the Editor is called the Canvas. It looks like a live preview of your Email, which takes shape as you put the elements together.
To design your Email you will use elements and assets. These are contained in the Design Panel, on the right, ready to be dragged and dropped into the canvas!
As Emails are built, the structure of the Email is shown on the left in order to keep track of things, and edit the settings of the rows and columns created. This area is called the Structure Panel.
2. Double-check the Template settings.
Open the Settings by clicking Template settings on the Bottom bar.
These settings are the same from the Details step when you create an email.
Read more about the Settings.
Make sure you add an unsubscribe link and that you adjust your unsubscribe settings.
Adding an Unsubscribe Link
1. Head over to the Email tool and edit an Email activity draft or create a new Email.
Skip this step if you have already created, or are in the process of creating an email.
2. Drag and drop the Element you want to use from the Design Panel into the Email Canvas.
For this example, we will use a Text Element. Directly on the Element, write the text for your items.
Make sure you write a clear, straightforward text for your Unsubscribe link.
3. Select the Unsubscribe text and click on the link button in the inline text editor.
4.. Expand the Link type drop-down menu by clicking on it and choose Unsubscribe
7. Click Insert. All done!
Adjusting your Unsubscribe Settings
Head over here to learn more the Email Unsubscribe Settings.
Congratulations on creating your Template!
To save your Template, click Finish.