Microsoft Dynamics 365: Installation & Setup
Ready to integrate with APSIS One? Follow the steps in this article and get Microsoft Dynamics 365 ready for the first sync.
In this article
To begin the installation, you will need to have a managed Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM CRM solution file. Contact your APSIS Account Manager to obtain the most recent version of the file.
Note that the APSIS Integration User security role is required to perform the installation.
1. Head over to Microsoft Dynamics' Settings and enter the Solutions section.
2. Click Import.
3. Select the APSIS One solution file and click Next.
Enable Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM in APSIS One
1. Head over to Account Settings in APSIS One.
2. Select a Section and open the Integrations tab.
3. Locate Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and click Connect.
4. The settings will expand. Click Authorise.
This starts the OAauth2 flow for the Azure Active Directory. For a full list of all granted permissions, see below.
You will be taken to Microsoft Azure's login page.
5. Enter your login credentials and grant permissions to APSIS One to perform the necessary operations in your account. Afterwards, you will be redirected to APSIS One.
6. Select the organisation and CRM environment you would like to work with.
You will be taken back to Microsoft Azure. Here, the OAuth2 flow for Azure Global Discovery is initiated, and the user grants permissions in Azure.
7. Allow APSIS One to perform operations on your CRM environment. You will be taken back to APSIS One.
8. The installation process will continue in the background as you see the loading screen.
Here, remote configuration of the APSIS One Solution is performed, including transferring the API credentials to the solution for communicating with APSIS One.
9. Choose a default country code. This will be the code of the country where most of your contacts are located, and will only be used when a number is imported without a country code.
10. Click Connect. You have now enabled Microsoft Dynamics 365 in your APSIS One account!
After enabling Microsoft Dynamics 365, you'll have granted APSIS One the following permissions:
Maintain access to the data you have given it access to
Access the directory as you
View your email address
Sign you in
Access Common Data Service as you
Sign you in and read your profile
To read more about the Bearer token generated by the installation, head over to the APSIS One Developer Hub to read more.
To see the installation process illustrated, check out this diagram.
Note that it's not possible to uninstall the integration while a Full Sync is in progress.
1. Head over to your Section in Account Settings and open the Integrations tab.
Locate the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Integration card and click Edit.
2. Select the Settings tab.
3. Select Remove and follow the instructions shown in the wizard.
4. Remove the APSIS One solution from your Microsoft Dynamics environment.